Hello from the land of all things viral, bacterial, etc. Can my kids catch every airborne infectious sickness there is? Maybe but hopefully not. We can count our blessings that the throwing up has been minimal (thus far :) And Marina remains unscathed for the moment. I think the school nurse has called five times in the past two weeks. Life is still good despite all this, and part of that has to do with Galette des Rois! It is one of the most delicious things you'll ever eat made with frangipane, an almond filling. The eating of the galette coincides with Epiphany, the celebration of the three kings' arrival. Inside the galette is a feve, a little porcelaine figure of sorts. Whoever gets the slice of galette with the feve is the king/queen for the day. I finally made one instead of buying, and I must say it was scrumptious.
Anyway, enough of my incoherent babbling! I wanted to show a few pictures of the cool signs they have in old little towns here and in lots of other European countries. Some are quite ugly and others quite cute.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Mason! These signs are cool. Just saw Michael Moore's Sicko the other night (in between throw-up sessions, how apropo). Is the French healthcare system really that awesome?
Post a Comment