Sunday, March 15, 2009

Seussical and the Paris Semi















Man, there aren't enough hours in the day to blog so I'm constantly playing catch up.  Marina had a few whirlwind weeks with ACS's production of "Seussical Jr."  It was the first time the school attempted an all-ages involved musical and it turned out so well, with so much hard work involved on everyone's part.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but I volunteered to help behind the scenes and couldn't take any pictures.  The one performance I did see we were told no flash photography allowed so I obeyed.  She was a Who and really enjoyed learning some dances and songs as part of the chorus.  Most of the chorus was made up of her fourth grade friends, in fact, thus practice was more play for them I think.  Now she is going through withdrawal and listening to the soundtrack everyday, even in the shower.

Marina didn't have too much time to reminisce as we boarded the Eurostar soon after her last show on Friday.  Actually, Mark told me to take an earlier train and he would come later with the kids so I could relax a bit and not stress before my half-marathon.  We had to laugh, though, as it was twice as hard to get our two groups here and there with all the transport and taxiing involved.  Fortunately we have our sweet friend, Brittney, visiting from CA, and she has been a huge help with the kids and with helping me get things done.  I did enjoy a quiet train ride and walking around Paris in the crisp weather, getting my race info. and number, eating my baguette sandwich and flan with no interruptions, and taking pictures of the Chateau de Vincennes.  Not as glamorous as it may sound since it's the end of the metro 1 line and not the most picturesque of neighborhoods.  But I can't complain, it's Paris so you can't go wrong, right?  The next day, Sat., we met up with our friend Micheline, and passed Mason off to his friend, Max, for a sleepover.  They had a party of sorts with other guys from school (lucky boy).  The other kids were disappointed they didn't get to see their own friends with the breakneck speed of our trip, however, I've promised them a week trip after school's out to visit with their ASP chums.  We visited the Pompidou and shopped a wee bit, walking a lot more than we should have, but it's Paris, right?  :)  Ok, I am annoying.

Long story short, I survived, my knees were good with Mark's braces (though I think I resembled an old woman), and I finished in the frosty wind and rain.  It made me want to do another one and not do another one.  We'll see what the future brings.  Mark's training for a mini-triathalon so I'll leave the next race to him.  We really miss that place and the people!  Micheline even showed up in the cruddy weather to support me and I was very touched.  She is such a kind-hearted person and Emma is lucky to have a sweet bond with her.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Ok, so I thought that I was busy but reading your blog makes me very tired. All this running around, site seeing, parties etc. etc. Yikes girl you are one amazing person, of course I always knew that!

StrykerMan said...

Congrats Madge on the half-marathon! Looks it was fun to back in Paris again. The weather looks the same as when we were there last year.