Nico had grommets (tubes) put in his ears and his adenoid removed last week so we've been taking it easy--not really--since his big hospital day. He had to stay home from school for a week to keep from catching anything, thus he was one bored dude. At least he had Emma to fight and play with . . . I didn't take pictures of his experience but all went well. As he received the injection of anesthesia in his hand (through the prepared tube), he remarked, "That feels cold and weird." Then a few seconds later the eyes roll, he sneezes three times, and a big chunk of snot shot out his nostril. Poor kid, unconscious and lying there with a big boogie on his face. I was a very proud mother as the doctors had never seen such marvel before! Let's hope this is the end of his ear infection era. He is back at school and in gymnastics with a bang.
Marina's school musical, "Seussical Jr." is almost ready to premiere this week. She's had a ton of rehearsals and the kids are doing a wonderful job. I've been able to help out at some of the practices and it's so fun to see it all coming together. She's a Who in the chorus with most of the lead parts going to the high school students. I think it's been a great experience for her and am happy her confidence seems to have grown, too.
Our friend, Brittney, has arrived for three months from Morgan Hill. She has already been a huge help with the kids and routine, and we hope to repay her with some travel and adventure. That shouldn't be too difficult with our kids :) Her boyfriend recently entered the Navy so she is loyally writing him letters and keeping in touch with his/her family; we hope the time passes quickly for the lovebirds while he is at bootcamp and she is here.
I also had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for my friend Holly and her sweet baby, Tristan. They are a fellow Cisco family and we have kids around the same age (you may have seen pictures from our trip to the Bath area in Oct.). We had a good turnout and Holly got some really cute things for her little girl. I think most of the moms had older children so we didn't waste their time with baby shower games and the like. We did the important stuff, like eat, talk and open gifts! Holly was a good sport and even helped me set up the food since I am an organizational mess. Brittney also saved the day with her child watching and fruit-cutting skills! This weekend we'll be heading to Paris for my semi-marathon and hope to catch up with a few friends (especially Mason's friend, Max) and Micheline, Emma's buddy. If you're reading this please pray that my knees can withstand 13 miles of pavement! I'm serious.
1 comment:
Thanks Margie & Brittany for a great party! It was wonderful and I love the pictures! You are such a great friend and we're so grateful for you all!
Post a Comment