I've already put a bunch of photos of our recent trips to Edinburgh and Italy up on Facebook, but I figure it can't hurt to cover all the bases for my homies (a.k.a. Moms and Dads of the Stryker-Hamberlin dynasty :). So, Grandmas & Grandpas, this is for you!
We began the festivities with a torchlight procession, "Son et Lumiere" (that's Sound and Light). Everyone sauf Emma had a large torch that could've easily doubled as a weapon. Nico and Mason were especially dangerous, and I believe I have some colorful commentary on the Flip camera footage to prove it. A few fellow tourists and myself almost got singed from their efforts. We eventually made our way to the Tower where some cool fireworks were set off. Freezing, we retreated to the hotel for some rest after the train ride and day's events.
The next day we met up with our friends, the Crane's and the Whitehead's. We ventured to Camera Obscura (see black and white building above) where we enjoyed lots of cool little exhibits with trompe l'oeil and many other forms of visual stimulation. We ventured to the rooftop for lovely views of grey but picturesque Edinburgh.
During our stay we also visited the castle for a very chilly and windy evening of storytelling from its former inhabitants including Mary Queen of Scots. It was fun but I felt sorry for the narrators/actors the entire time!
Oh man, I just realized this has been sitting in my edit box for two months! I am losing the will to blog. I have to pay more attention to my family so hopefully the relatives will forgive the quarterly posting instead of the monthly one :) There is just too much going on and not enough time to do it. So, I'm signing off for a bit and living life . . .
2 comments:
Oh the experiences you guys are having!! I just love it!
Do you happen to know of anyone in England who needs a nanny??? I'm thinking I need to send Chloe out there for awhile!
Uh, she could come help me! I've tried that, though, and what I'd really like is a house cleaner. . . don't think she'd take a semester off to do that, eh? :) I can ask around. Most of the LDS families have older kids (or they're in school). I'm thinking she'd want to come out during the summer? American/international families take off at the end of June until mid August, and the Brit kids get off school at the end of July and return in late August or early Sept.
But we're here until late July so if any/all of you guys want to come out, you are very welcome! You could use our home as a base or for whatever.
Post a Comment