Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bath Time




Check out the bald, middle-aged thong dudes with sparklers between their buttcheeks! This was the first sight we came upon entering Bath--it pretty much knocked Mason out of his adolescent brooding and put him in a better mood. Nothing says wholesome family entertainment on the Sabbath like these guys, yes?






The abbey was lovely but we missed seeing the interior since it was only open a short while during our afternoon there. Instead we enjoyed a riverside picnic with our traveling companions, the Crane family. They are new to the area as well, and Mike just so happens to work for Cisco, too.
































The Roman baths were cool. It's neat to be in this quintessential English town that just so happens to have ancient ruins in its centre. Or as my friend, Holly correctly pointed out, "You mean that the ruins were there first and the city was built around it?" Yes, my thoughts exactly :) Emma was a little tired--no strollers allowed--but it was an informative and interesting tour. Those Romans were pretty crafty for their day.



























































Mike & Holly Crane (7 months pregnant) with Mark and I (not pregnant but looking like I am!)


















Cute Crane & Hamberlin kids










4 comments:

Johanna said...

That's gotta be one of the more interesting street performances I've ever seen, you could totally market sparkler thongs! Seeing all your trips makes me miss the fun things we got to see in Europe.

Murf said...

Wow, every activity you do is going to have to "stand up" to the sprinkler thongs. Seriously, that is a tough act to follow. (Pun intended.) We would've been laughing so hard I'm pretty sure they would've asked us to leave. I think we are going to HAVE to make a trip to Europe for the sheer culture experience.

Margie and Mark said...

They were quite cheeky fellows (pun also intended).

Unknown said...

Love Bath...gymnasts...like you, I can do without!